DuctSox supplies air dispersion solution for temporary medical structures
December - 2020
DuctSox just finished production of a run of fabric ductwork systems for medical tents at one of the largest not-for-profit integrated health care systems in the United States. According to healthcare providers, these emergency facilities are part of proactive preparations for the anticipated surge of patients coming to emergency rooms with mild COVID-19 symptoms.
The tents are a critical protective measure, as they allow hospitals to separate suspected COVID-19 patients from the general hospital population. The tents also help the hospitals efficiently conserve personal protective equipment (PPE) as they are designed for minimal staffing.
Due to the rapid spread of the virus, these emergency structures were required extremely quickly. To fulfill this need, DuctSox made these orders its top production priority. When news of the order spread within the DuctSox plant, employees from other divisions volunteered to help with production, including many who worked overtime. The first wave of equipment was produced and picked up the next day with the balance of the order shipping two days later.
"Making projects like these our top priority was an easy decision,” said Dan Anderson, DuctSox Vice-President of Sales. “DuctSox takes great pride knowing we made a difference in our community."
There are numerous benefits for using DuctSox in these applications:
- Antimicrobial Fabric: Condensation can be hazardous for any clean environment. Antimicrobial fabric options inhibits bacteria growth and the zippered sections can be removed and laundered as needed.
- Even Air Dispersion: Air is efficiently discharged along the entire length providing consistent temperature to patients and staff.
- Lightweight and Simplified Installation: Fabric systems allow temporary structures to incorporate air distribution with little to no overall load on the ceiling structure.
Fabric vs Metal
Systems that utilize fabric, such as DuctSox, provide targeted, precise and efficient air dispersion for new construction and retrofit projects. Additional benefits include a total lifetime ownership cost that is significantly less than a comparable metal ductwork layout and the ability for a system to be custom designed based on the application.
Whether for a new building or retrofitting an existing space, the benefits of utilizing a fabric airflow system outweigh those of metal ductwork.
Learn more about the advantages of fabric today!
DuctSox Hygienic Advantages
DuctSox air dispersion solutions provide better indoor air quality, better environmental control; and a better cleaning experience.
- Targeted air dispersion options prevent condensation buildup
DuctSox Opti-X fabric controls the growth and spread of bacteria, fungi, and molds in critical environments
Antimicrobial, medical grade and shed proof fabric
Can be laundered
Reduced Condensation with Fabric
The following features of fabric ductwork reduce the risk of condensation:
- Entire duct is comprised of breathable fabric material, condensation is not able to form or rest on the exterior of the duct
Targeted air dispersion helps prevent condensation on walls, ceilings, floors and production equipment
Features a zippered section design to allow for sections to be removed, commercially laundered, and re-installed