Adjustable Flow Device (AFD)
Airflow control is critical in HVAC air dispersion. The zip-in Adjustable Flow Device (AFD) offers variable resistance to balance static regain, balance airflow to branches, reduce turbulence, and reduce abrupt start-ups. The patented AFD is a polyester mesh cone with a factory set or field adjustable hemmed drawstring aperture for air balancing DuctSox Fabric Ductwork Systems. AFD devices come standard with Sedona-Xm and TufTex Systems. It is also an option with other fabrics.
Except at the inlet, all AFD’s are pre-set from the factory and should not require field balancing. The inlet AFD can be adjusted for airflow turbulence.
Specifically, the AFD offers:
- Ajustable flow restriction to adjust for static regain
- Reduced in-duct turbulence at outlets or at fittings.
- Staged inflation and reduces abrupt start-ups.
- Balanced airflow and static pressure in trunk lines and branch ducts.
- Reduced maintenance requirements with static flow straightening devices.